Our changing campus
In the heart of a vibrant province, our Perth campus will play a key role in a new mixed-use development, the Knowledge and Health Precinct.
This development will position our Perth campus and the surrounding area as a destination of choice, an urban hub known for business research and innovation and providing amenities and facilities.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Through the Knowledge and Health Precinct development we aim to:
- Foster enterprise, knowledge, entrepreneurship and community engagement to increase the diversity of economic growth and attract business to our knowledge-based urban centre.
- Create a centre of excellence and innovation while supporting development as outlined in the State Government’s Directions 2031 and Beyond Planning Framework.
- Create a significant Knowledge and Health Precinct between the university and adjacent Hospital Precinct.
- Establish Murdoch University as a cultural, ecological, recreational and knowledge destination located at the northern most point of the southern metropolitan corridor.
- Strengthen our unique research and commercial 24/7 lifestyle vision as a place to study, live and work within a sustainable Green Star Community.
- Have Murdoch become a workplace and home for a diverse population of 35,000 employees, 22,000 residents and 44,000 students.
- Provide work-integrated learning, internship and employment opportunities to our many students in high value enterprises.
- Provide research and industry collaboration opportunities for existing and future researchers who will be attracted to Murdoch from across the globe.
Our campus is changing to strengthen our connections with our landscape, community and our core purpose of high quality teaching and research.
We’ve brought a new focus to our key activities
Our bold plan to transform the campus into an inspiring Australian destination for innovation and learning has been influenced by several factors. These include:
- Our people, including our students, staff, researchers and the wider community
- Our distinctive environment setting covering 227 hectares of significant bush within the metropolitan area
- Our proximity to transport networks and CBD
We are working closely with both local and state governments. The current plans for the Knowledge and Health Precinct will be launched in 2017 with the first development due to begin in late 2018.
Discover our Masterplan
The Knowledge and Health Precinct Plan is only part of our vision to develop our Perth campus. You can see the current Masterplan on display in the Library.